Monday, December 24, 2012

Fun Christmas Blessings

Hello - I'm back with another CAS/OLC card for the Season.  Merry Christmas Eve!!

I made a few different Christmas Card versions using the stampset, but needed one more card and knew this fun little Snowman would work perfectly.  This CAS/OLC card is for 4 challenges - all the details and links are noted below.  I do want to mention one of the challenges here though - it's a weekly Sunday challenge over at SCS called Featured Stamper.  This week's featured stamper is so talented - and so diverse in her style.  I've recently 'discovered' her gallery and blog, but yesterday I took a closer look, and I'm so glad I did - her name is Sylvia Blum, aka ~Fee~ over on SCS, and she is amazing!!!!!!  

Thank you Sylvia for your inspiration!!  This card was made based on inspiration from one of her beauties - see below for challenge/card links and more details.


Christmas Blessings Everyone!


Similar to Sylvia's, this card is tall and narrow.  I started by masking a border, then stamped the snowman image and sponged around the masked edges.  Then I colored the snowman using Copic Markers, added Flowersoft and Glitter for a snowy look at the bottom and on the Snowman's hat.  I also added little dabs of Orange Stickles and Crystal Effects to Mr. Snowman's buttons, and tiny dabs of Crystal Effects to his eyes :).

Some of those details can be seen better in the photos below:

Close-up of Mr. Snowman
Closer Look at Mr. Snowman


After that I die cut and stamped the sentiment tag, outlined it using Copics and made the bow.  I assembled the bow, sentiment tag, little tree light charm and silver cord, die cut the Snowflake Corner, then glittered and glued everything together.

Here's a close-up of the ribbon detail:

Close-up of Ribbon/Bow/Tag Charm and Cord

I love making Holiday cards.  Maybe this year I'll start them a bit earlier - it's never too soon to start as I've learned :)!!!


This card has been submitted to the following challenges:

Here are more details about what I used to make this card:
  • SU Snow Much Fun - Snowman Image
  • Sweet N' Sassy Sentiment from Christmas Joy Set
  • Momento Black Ink
  • Copic Markers
    • YG11, YG13, YG17 (Hat and Scarf)
    • Y38, E08 (Nose, Dots on Scarf, Buttons)
    • B000, B00, B01, B02 & B04 (Snowman & Birdies)
    • C00, C02 & C04 (Shading, Boots, Hat)
  • Memory Box Snowflake Border Die
  • SU Retired Ribbon
  • SU Die - Lots of Tags
  • Flowersoft Glacier White
  • Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
  • Silver Cord
  • Tree Light Charm from Michaels

That's everything - this one came together pretty quickly and is yet another OLC card from me!!  Yipppeee!!!

Hugs and Blessings to everyone!!
Audrey



17 comments:

pam124 said...

I love your darling snowman and I love how you showed the corner piece up close b/c I love that added feature. The sponging and masking turned out great. Happy Holidays!

Karon said...

Gorgeous card - wonderful design and love the little Christmas light. Merry Christmas.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Your snowman is adorable, Audrey! Love, love, love your work. Congrats on getting on the design team at ODBD! Lucky girl, you! That has to be the absolutely perfect design team; can't wait to see your weekly inspiration. Have a Blessed Christmas!

Shar said...

Super cute! Love the snow! Thanks for playing the RRD Rebel Challenge!

Emily Keaton said...

What an absolutely delightful OLC, Audrey! I love your sweet snowman, and your ribbon/tag/charm combo in the corner is SO eye-catching. I just love how that looks! I'll need to study that more closely--I've got to learn to make a drop-dead gorgeous cluster like that!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Totally cute! I adore that little light charm and beautiful coloring! ;0)

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is sweet, Audrey! I like the subtle blue shading behind the snowman, and the frosty die cut in the corner.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! Ours was wonderful, and more celebrating happened today with more family. Now the house is quiet, and I'm glad for it!! LOL

Kylie said...

Such a sweet snowman!! Thanks so much for playing along again at ATCAS! xx

Sue said...

Beautiful card and embellis and your snowman and little birdies are so sweet! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS. Sue x

Bonnie said...

I have really enjoyed visiting your blog and LOVE your style. I love how you have used this snowman! Such a beautiful card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet Audrey!! Love the sweet snowman, your soft coloring, and that flourish!!

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!! Happy New Year!!

hugs,
Chris

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh Audrey--this is absolutely adorable!!! I love all the details! Happy New Year! Patty

JD said...

This is so cute! Great coloring and nicely put together.

Donna Ellis said...

Audrey, this is an adorable card - such BEAUTIFUL shading and colors, and darling little embellishments - CAS but VERY pretty!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations for the WIN over at ATCAS for your adorable, details card, Audrey! Happy New Year!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Good for you, Audrey! I saw you won at ATCAS, so see, you are doing GREAT with the CAS cards! Happy new year. 😃

Patrice said...

OMGoodness I'm still catching up on comments...

Audrey I absolutely love your card! The background sponging is subtle and pretty, and that gorgeous little cluster of embellies is an eye catcher. It's a winning card for sure. x